Serving with Katy Responds is fun and rewarding. You will make friends & you will likely sweat. You will go home tired & go home with a full heart. If you are ready to begin volunteering, please fill out our sign up form here. If you need more information about what how you can partner with us, keep reading below!
Who Will You Help?
Volunteers help in the direct and indirect restoration of homes for families impacted by Hurricane Harvey or prepare our community for the next emergency.
What Will You Do?
Volunteers can help with a variety of roles! Use your gifts and energy to decide what fits best. All training, safety instruction/gear and supervision provided. You can expand each role to get a more detailed description.
Who Can Volunteer?
Individuals and groups are welcomed to volunteer!
- Ages 13 and under: Many opportunities exist but not on construction sites
- Ages 14-15: Parent/guardian must be present on site with minor & a parent/guardian must sign the waiver upon registration.
- Ages 16-17: Chaperone over the age of 18 must be onsite with the minor & parent/guardian must sign the waiver upon registration.
- Ages 18+: No restrictions
What is the Time Commitment?
Our work days are generally 8:30-2:30. However, there are a variety of needs – let us know your interest and timing in serving.
What to Expect On-Site?
- Please bring your own refillable water bottle.
- If you will be working outside of the office: NO open-toed or open-heeled shoes. NO TOMS or other cloth-like shoes. Wear shoes that are sturdy and appropriate for construction work such as sneakers or boots. Wear clothes that are appropriate for a construction site.
- After signing up, your exact task and location will be sent to you before your serve day. Please keep an eye out for emails.
- If you have special requests or work restrictions, please be sure to notify Katy Responds of those issues.
When am I needed?
You can see all of our upcoming work days on our calendar here.
Ready to start?
To start volunteering with Katy Responds, please fill out our sign up form here.