Serving with Katy Responds is fun and rewarding. You
will make friends & you will likely sweat. You will go home tired
& go home with a full heart.
Who Will You Help?
Volunteers help in the direct and indirect
restoration of homes for families impacted by Hurricane Harvey or
prepare our community for the next emergency.
What Will You Do?
NO CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
Volunteers can help with a variety of roles! Use your gifts and energy to decide what fits best:
- Family support
- Community engagement
- Construction & repair—high or low skill
- Logistics/warehouse support
- Homeowner Encouragement
All training, safety instruction/gear and supervision provided.
Who Can Volunteer?
Individuals and groups are welcomed to volunteer!
- Ages 13 and under: Not allowed to volunteer
- Ages 14-15: Parent/guardian should be present on site with minor & a parent/guardian must sign the waiver upon registration.
16-17: Chaperone over the age of 18 must be onsite with the minor &
parent/guardian must sign the waiver upon registration.
- Ages 18+: No restrictions
What is the Time Commitment?
Our work days are generally 8:30-2:30. However, there are a variety of needs – let us know your interest and timing in serving.
What to Expect On-Site?
- Please bring your own refillable water bottle.
- If you will be working outside of the office: NO open-toed or open-heeled shoes.
NO TOMS or other cloth-like shoes. Wear shoes that are sturdy and
appropriate for construction work such as sneakers or boots. Wear
clothes that are appropriate for a construction site.
- After signing up, your exact task and location will be sent to you before your build day. Please keep an eye out for emails.
- If you have special requests or work restrictions, please be sure to notify Katy Responds of those issues.
SBP will provide all safety gear, safety training and appropriate supervision.
*Contacting Katy Responds here only lets us know of
your interest. It does not guarantee to your spot. We will contact you
back with additional information.